Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Pantry Door

The pantry door is a favorite of anyone who sees it. The pantry door is unique. It has a rustic grained finish, ornate finials at the top and bottom of the hinges and a “Iron Willow” signature.

It consists of a heavy gauge iron and mortar frame. The 1 ¾” redwood planking has a pickled finish. The door has heavy iron strap hinges and hardware.

My mom, Monica Guillen, is an antique dealer and owner of an
antique store here in Sacramento. She found the door on her travels and insisted that we incorporate it into the house. I’m glad she did. The kitchen pantry door seemed the perfect location and even though the swing is not what I would have preferred, I think the pantry door is simply awesome.

1 comment:

erin@erinstumpf.com said...

I can't wait to see your home when it comes on the market in the coming weeks! I have been driving by it for several months now, and love its exterior transformation.